Fulfillment Coordinator at OpenBiome
Fulfillment Coordinator at OpenBiome
OpenBiome is the world's first stool bank—a nonprofit organization that is expanding safe access to Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) and driving groundbreaking clinical research on the human microbiome.
Since launching in 2013 out of MIT, our stool banking service has redefined the standard of care for an emerging field of medicine. When we began, only a handful of clinicians offered FMT, a treatment that has an 85% cure rate for C. difficile, the most common hospital-acquired infection in the country. Today we support FMT programs at over 1,000 medical centers across all 50 states. OpenBiome has delivered more than 45,000 treatments for recurrent C. difficile infection, radically improving the lives of thousands of patients that lack treatment alternatives.
OpenBiome has also emerged as a leading independent research organization. We have developed a pill formulation for FMT, published more than 20 scholarly works and enabled the launch of 30 clinical trials in indications spanning autoimmune disease, infectious disease, malnutrition, metabolic disease, and obesity, and neuropsychiatric disease, to identify opportunities for microbiome-based health interventions. The research that we enable is at the vanguard of understanding how the microbes in our bodies shape major public health challenges.
The Fulfillment Coordinator is the lead member for a team of Packaging/Fulfillment Associates.
Position Responsibilities / Duties:
- Training of Packaging personnel and Leads Packaging/Fulfillment Associates
- Responsible for the daily shipment of Enforcement Discretion and Clinical Research shipments
- Responsible for the monthly maintenance of -80 0C freezers
- Communicates materials issues to the Materials Management team
- Oversees inventory control activities including unit destruction, stocking work-in-process materials, and occasional cycle counts
- Will assist other departments with inventory management matters
- Coordination with shipping (UPS) and dry ice (Acme Dry Ice Co) vendors as necessary
- Will work closely with OpenBiome’s Outreach team for the purpose of meeting customer demand for FMP units
- Will ensure the Fulfillment Area’s compliance with OpenBiome’s quality policy
- Will produce/revise area documentation, event reports and change controls as necessary
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Associates degree and 3-5 years shipping and inventory control experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel and spreadsheet manipulation
- Some project management skill
- Knowledge of work in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of GMP requirements
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to interact with a variety of functional areas
Reporting to this position: N/A
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand for extended periods of time as well as often required to walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls (keyboard); reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee is often required to use a telephone at his/her desk. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the office is low.
OpenBiome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
To apply, please go to www.openbiome.org/jobs and submit your Cover Letter and Resume.
OpenBiome is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.